Yehuda Kolko

Hynes Credits Task Force For Intimidation Crackdown

07/18/2012
Assistant Managing Editor

Brooklyn District Attorney Charles J. Hynes is weighing charges in as many as four more cases of possible intimidation of Orthodox sexual abuse victims as a result of a newly formed task force, he told The Jewish Week.

And he reiterated a warning, first made in May, that rabbis who “cross the line” and discourage people from taking complaints to authorities may be charged with obstructing governmental administration.

Charles Hynes: Says he believed Kol Tzedek was reducing intimidation until recently.

Kolko Accuser, Now 13, Faces Alleged Abuser In Court

06/23/2012
Jewish Week Correspondent
A 13-year-old boy who alleges he was molested by Rabbi Yehuda Kolko told a Brooklyn jury on Thursday that he felt “scared” when the rabbi -- whom he identified from the stand -- stared at him on the street on two occasions in late 2010.

DA Struggles To Explain Kolko Plea Deal

04/30/2008
Staff Writers
It's the case they can't keep straight. Brooklyn District Attorney Charles J. Hynes' shifting explanations of a widely criticized plea deal earlier this month for alleged child sex molester Rabbi Yehuda Kolko took several dizzying turns this week.
Syndicate content