36 Under 36 May 2012
The NEXT Jewish Community.
Our fifth annual list of young educators, thinkers, social justice activists,philanthropists and artists reinventing Jewish life.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Inside This Special Section
- The NEXT Jewish Community
- Sara Aharon, Telling the Afghani-Jewish story.
- Simon Goldberg, ‘The Genocide Guy’
- Emma Goldberg, The politics of genocide.
- Jason Guberman-Pfeffer, Illuminating Mizrachi history
- Alicia Jo Rabins, Art-rocking the women of the Bible.
- Bryan Lipsky, Partying for medical charities.
- Elana Loeffler, Education for all.
- Liana Rosenman, Helping young women to overcome eating disorders.
- Miriam Brosseau, Networked musician/educator.
- Rabbi Boruch B. Bender, Providing emergency services in the Rockaways.
- Rabbi Dov Emerson, Helping Jewish educators master technology.
- Rebecca Missel, Bringing together New Jersey Jews without a community.
- Yehuda Kurtzer, Elevating the conversation.
- Heather Stoltz, Making social justice part of her art.
- Jason Bieber, Consulting with Israel.
- Josh Goldstein, Helps teens organize for community outreach and activism.
- Rabbi Ari Weiss, Teaching Modern Orthodox community about social justice.
- Shea Rubenstein, Helping the needy in Marine Park.
- Simi Lampert, Standing up for journalism.
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
- Yvette Edidin, Making Roslyn Harbor a better place.
- Avram Mlotek, Going back to the future.
- Elie Lowenfeld, Volunteering in a disaster zone.
- Erin Leib Smokler, Bringing a unique dimension to spiritual leaders’ training.
- Judah Skoff, Making the play the thing.
- Michelle Sarna, Empowering Orthodox women.
- Miriam Leah Droz, Creating a stage for Orthodox women.
- Roman Shmulenson, Creating a community of disparate émigrés.
- Samuel Zerin, Reviving a lost Jewish composer.
- Slava Rubin, ‘Crowdfunding’ for startups, nonprofits.
- Symi Rom-Rymer, Bringing Jews and Muslims together.
- Yair Saperstein, Instilling a passion for science in Washington Heights.
- Deborah Fishman, Weaving the Jewish network.
- Jaimie Mayer Phinney, Guiding young philanthropists.
- Jonathan Gerber, Helping to provide a safety net.
- Mor Keshet, Bridging differences in culture and advantage in Israel and America.
- Michael Greenberg, A vocalist working ‘miracles.’