Israel is redeploying the Iron Dome short range missile defense system near its Gaza Strip border because of a recent intensification of rocket fire.
Israeli newspapers reported Friday that Ehud Barak, the defense minister, ordered the redeployment at the request of local authorities in the region.
At least 30 rockets were fired in July. The Israeli army has responded with air raids.
Related Recommended Reading
- Israel's Iron Dome Defense System Passes Last Tests
- Iron Dome Intercepts More Rockets Over Tel Aviv
- More Than 70 Rockets Fired At Southern Israel Tuesday
- Southern Israel Under Steady Rocket Barrage For Sixth Day
- Diary Of A Rabbi On An Emergency Mission In Israel: When Your Home Is In Danger, You Come Home
The Jewish Week feels comments create a valuable conversation and wants to feature your thoughts on our website. To make everyone feel welcome, we won't publish comments that are profane, irrelevant, promotional or make personal attacks.