Boy Electrocuted During Irene Dies
09/12/11
Photo Galleria: 

 Reuven Herbst, the 5-year-old Jewish boy, who was electrocuted by a downed power line during Hurricane Irene, has died.

Reuven, of Spring Valley in suburban New York, died last Friday in the pediatric burn unit at the Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, where he had been in critical condition since Aug. 28, according to reports.

The boy and his father were walking through a puddle near their home when they came in contact with a fence that was electrified by the fallen wire.

A neighbor, David Reichenberg, 50, died at the scene trying to pull them from the fence. Reichenberg also was Jewish.

Last Update:

09/12/2011 - 12:27

Comment Guidelines

The Jewish Week feels comments create a valuable conversation and wants to feature your thoughts on our website. To make everyone feel welcome, we won't publish comments that are profane, irrelevant, promotional or make personal attacks.

Add comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.