Today's Saudi Gazette has some advice about how to be "a successful wife."
10. Use your ‘Fitnah’ (the beauty Allah has bestowed on you) to win the heart of your husband.
9. When your husband comes home, greet him with a wonderful greeting: Imagine your husband coming home to a clean house, an exquisitely dressed wife, a dinner prepared with care, children clean and sweet smelling...
8. Review the characteristics of the Hoor Al-Ayn and try to imitate them: The Qur’an and Sunnah describe the women in Jannah with certain characteristics. Such as the silk they wear, their large dark eyes, their singing to their husband, etc. Try it, wear silk for your husband, put Kohl in your eyes to ‘enlarge’ them, and sing to your husband.
7. Always wear jewelry and dress up in the house: From the early years, little girls have adorned themselves with earrings and bracelets and worn pretty dresses – as described in the Qur’an. As a wife, continue to use the jewelry that you have and the pretty dresses for your husband.
6. Joke and play games with your husband. A man’s secret: they seek women who are light-hearted and have a sense of humor.
5. Thank your husband constantly for the nice things he does. Then thank him again. This is one of the most important techniques, as the opposite (ungratefulness) is a characteristic of the women of hellfire.
4. An argument is a fire in the house. Extinguish it with a simple ‘I’m sorry’ even if it is not your fault. When you fight back, you are only adding wood to the fire. Watch how sweetly an argument will end when you just say sincerely, “Look, I’m sorry. Let’s be friends.”
3. Always seek to please your husband, for he is your key to Jannah. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) taught us that any woman who dies in a state that her husband is pleased with her, shall enter Paradise. So, please him.
2. Listen and obey! ... Your husband is the Ameer (head) of the household. Give him that right and respect.
1. All good things are from Allah. Never forget to ask Allah for the blessing of having a successful marriage that begins in this world and continues on – by the Mercy of Allah – into Paradise.
This is not so different from the Obama-Palestinian peace plan that has excited so many "progressives" in Washington and on college campuses and on the Jewish left. Basically, in exchange for peace (the love of Arab husbands, the love of her president husband), Israel must obey and "thank her husband constantly for the nice things he does. Then thank him again."
If Israel builds anything in Judea and Samaria, or an apartment house in Jerusalem, and the president or the Palestinians say no, reply with "a simple 'I'm sorry.'"
And if you die one summer night in a Tel Aviv mall or on a lonely West Bank road, dear reader, or the State of Israel dies because she succumbs to the needs and peace pressure from her husband, well, the Prophet teaches us that "any woman who dies in a state that her husband is pleased with her, shall enter Paradise. So please him." You'll rest in peace. Peace now.
Related & Recommended
The Jewish Week feels comments create a valuable conversation and wants to feature your thoughts on our website. To make everyone feel welcome, we won't publish comments that are profane, irrelevant, promotional or make personal attacks.